Thursday, February 26, 2009

sprouts!

I got the seeds planted on 2-18 and already the tomatillos are sprouted!

I planted tomatoes, tomatillos, and peppers, all varieties of each. I'm not sure I started enough, but I filled the space. I used the newspaper pots set on metal trays, and it's working really well. I labeled them with sharpy, and that seems to be holding on. I have one big tray of tomatoes, one big tray of peppers, and a half tray ancho/anaheim pappers, and a half tray of tomatillos.

Also, I thinned the romaine lettuce and moved most to 4-inch pots. I gave some to RickC and he got them in the ground. Mine are up on trays to keep them safe from the chickens.

At art day we made pomanders from my lemons. Catherine brought the cloves. Lori and Titus and Jane showed up too.

No comments: