Monday, February 16, 2009

rain rain!

After a dry winter so far, we've had days of hard rain. This is good but it's limiting my ability to start my seeds. I may have to give up and work on it indoors.

Here's what I got:
Carrot: Little Finger
Carrot: Touchon

Cowpea: Calif Blackeye no.5

Pepper: Ancho (poblano)
Pepper: Anaheim
Pepper: Biker Billy hybrid (jalapeno)
Pepper: Caribbean red hot (habanero)
Pepper: Habanero
Pepper: Hot Lemon
Pepper: Serrano

Radish: Daikon
Radish: Perfecto

Tomato: Better Boy vfn hybrid
Tomato: Big Mama (roma style, det)
Tomato: Bucks County hybrid (det)
Tomato: Fresh Salsa (small, det)
Tomato: Red Mortgage Lifter
Tomato: Sweet Tangerine hybrid (orange, det)

And I ordered onion sets, but they haven't sent them yet.

I also got a pot maker for making pots out of newspaper. It works very well. I'll be using that for all my plantings this year. To maximize space in the box, I'll start more than one seed in each pot. When they need to be transplanted, I can simply open up the pot, which should be less stressful to the roots.

No comments: