Tuesday, May 19, 2009

More Gourds!

Last week, we worked on gourds some more. Lori came, and cut a nice star in the bottom of her gourd. She plans to make a musical instrument out of it.



Titus came over with Lori and Gracie, but when Jane finished work and arrived, Gracie only had eyes for her! In the background, you can see RickC's gourd being worked on.



And of course, Titus's piece is wonderful. He's such a good artist.



***************************************
Art Day Changes

I think it might be better to make Art Day a once-a-month meeting. I've been watching the ebb and flow, and about every fourth Art Day seems more inspired and interesting. So I think if we limit the meetings, then try to really get something done when we DO meet, we'll be better off. Also, with summer coming on, and the farm to work, we need that time.

My idea is that once a month, we meet, show off our old projects, and either start a new project, hold a class, or take a field trip, such as to the clay studio again. In between meetings, folks can work on their projects.

****************************************

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is not a very good pic of me and Gracie but it sure was fun to check in with you all on art day. I wonder why I am so 1/2 lidded in all my pictures???

I'd come more often but work gets in the way of my life. I enjoyed seeing other faces in the yard and at the tile studio. Keep making it happen, Jane